Cate decides she wants to take a quick nap on the laundry room floor, and makes sure everyone knows to pat her to sleep.
Wow, a whole year!
- Saw her first snow in Colorado.
- Took her first steps. Crawling is still the preferred mode of transportation -well, that and being pulled around in her wagon.
- Got spoiled for her first Christmas.
- All she had for Christmas were her two front teeth (on the bottom). Top gums are swollen but nothing poking through just yet.
- That hasn’t slowed her down when it comes to eating. Favorite finger foods are cheese and peas. And bananas, of course.
- As a result, she weighed in at 18lbs, 14oz - although 8 of those ounces came from the big bowl of oatmeal she ate in the doctor’s waiting room.
- Height: 29in. Head size: 46.5cm. Shots: Yes, they hurt. :-(
- Enjoying her new car seat. Still rear-facing but now she sits up straighter and has a cup-holder for her sippy.
- Really enjoying all the new foods allowed at 1 year, starting with the cake at her first birthday party.
Month 11 was tasty!
- Started the month with a trip to Dallas for Nana’s birthday.
- Spent the next two weeks sick with a stomach bug. (Many thanks to all of the grandparent help!)
- Dropped from 17lb back to 16 while she was sick, but quickly gained it back thanks to handfuls of shredded cheese (her current favorite).
- Still loves to “sit and spin” in circles on the floor.
- Favorite game: peekaboo
- New nickname: Nugget
- Loves bathtime. Plays endlessly with the knob on top of the faucet that opens the shower.
- Had a happy thanksgiving at Eli’s house. Ate stuffing, spinach, cranberries, and turkey liver!
Month 10 was spooky!
- Finally, some teeth! Two little chompers have started to break through on the bottom.
- Spent her first night without Mom and Dad. Thanks, Mema and Papa!
- Cruising like crazy along the couch, coffee table, fireplace hearth, crib, mom’s legs…
- Loves her Pooh. Drags him over to her play area and puts him in the seat. Then takes him out. Then puts him back in.
- First word: “Da-da”
- Took a trip to the pumpkin patch with Eli.
- Dressed up like a ladybug for her first Halloween. Wasn’t a big fan of the hood, but it didn’t stop her from crawling all over the floor just like a little bug. She also entertained herself by taking pieces of candy out of the bowl and putting them back in, one crinkly wrapper at a time.
Highlights of Month 9
- Height: 27.5in (46th percentile)
- Weight: 15lbs, 12oz (13th percentile)
- Head Circumference: 45cm (81th percentile)
- Starting to enjoy finger foods. Also loves egg yolk, but HATES chicken.
- Went to her first Aggie tailgate. (Well, technically her second, but the first time she was on the inside.)
- Standing up in her crib.
- Moves around the house using a one knee, half-squat crawl. We call it the “funky bug.”
I got my arm trapped in the crib rails and said “ow”, which Cate found hilarious. We got the camera out to ask Cate what she thinks when her daddy gets hurt.
Month eight was great!
- 15 and a half pounds of cuteness
- Peas, please! Plus apricot, plum, pear, and mango. She’s quite a happy eater.
- Was sleeping through the night pretty regularly, until…
- Another cold :-(
- Crawls towards something if it’s really exciting (like dad’s iPhone), but would much rather be standing
Seven months old!
- Enjoys splashing around during bathtime or outside in her inflatable pool.
- Slept through the night! Okay, it’s not a regular occurrence, but she’s getting much better.
- Takes 2-3 naps a day, some as long as 2 hours.
- Loves bananas. Will eat anything (green beans, squash, carrots) but only if mixed with that wonderful yellow fruit. We’ve also tried apples, pears, and oatmeal, but she hasn’t taken to them the same way.
- Reaching for toys and trying to pull herself up to standing.
- Favorite book: Ten Little Ladybugs (Thanks, Krista!) Goodnight, Moon would be up there too if it didn’t mean having to go to bed…
Cate is one half of a year old!
- First foods: rice cereal, sweet potatoes, avocado
- Sitting up on her own
- First swim in the swimming pool
- First cold (just the sniffles)
- Showing interest in Lola and loves having her feet licked
- Started part-time daycare and is settling into a schedule
- 6 month checkup for our “slender” girl: 13lb 14oz (an even 14lb with diaper), 25.75” long, 43.2cm head size
Month 5 was a busy one!
- Road trip to Austin
- First airplane trip, visiting the Millers in South Carolina
- Baptized on May 15 at Covenant Presbyterian
- Sadly said goodbye to Nanny Lacy. We’ll miss you!
- Big accomplishments: sucking toes, giggling, finally starting to sleep a little better at night
- Favorite songs: Farmer in the Dell, Who’s the Baby in the Mirror, Rocket Ship
Cate’s 4 Month Album is Ready
- Stats: 13lb 1oz, 24.5”
- Favorite pastimes: feet holding, reaching, grabbing, dog watching, putting anything and everything in her mouth
- Rolling over tummy-to-back and back-to-tummy
- Laughed out loud and found it so funny that she laughed some more
- Loves the new view from her Bumbo seat
- Starting to have a more regular nap schedule, but when she gets off, nights can be a nightmare!